It is situated in a wonderful natural area. Bükkösd has estabilished by the integration of three settlements. In 1950 on the Eastern part of the valley Megyefa, in 1979 the depopulated Gorica acceded to Bükkösd. Nowadays, there live 1300 inhabitants and it constitutes a district notary with Cserdi.
The name of Bükkösd relatively late, in 1448 poped up in written sources in the form of Nagybekes. By the end of Turkish occupation the area of the former three villages became into uninhabited desert. In the 1700s the hungarian and german people settled down here. From the 18th century Bükkösd has been owned by the Horváth, the Petrovszky and later the Jeszenszky families.
The Petrovszky, later Jeszenszky castle which is under historic preservation that keeps count of as the most elegant facade baroque castle in Baranya County. Fischer von Erlach was the designer of the castle who was a famous architect of Maria Theresa.
A település busszal és vonattal is egyaránt megközelíthető, busszal az Autóbusz-állomásról, vonattal a Főpályaudvarról indulnak járatok.