Mi így ismerjük
Az 1520-as években egy pécsi püspök nyaralópalotát építtetett magának a hegyoldalra – hájtech dácsát a legkorszerűbb itáliai minták alapján. Kényelmes, elegáns, divatos, reprezentatív, tágas.
Az időzítés nem volt szerencsés: pár év múlva jött a mohácsi vereség, majd az oszmán megszállás, a püspök elmenekült, és a reneszánsz kastélyba beköltöztek a radikális bektási dervisek. Ki tudja, mit műveltek ott, amikor senki nem látta.
A falak között tiszafa áll, a gyümölcse finom, de a magot köpjük ki; mérgező. És a fa többi része is.
Tettye – as the entrance of the Central-Mecsek Mountains – is located on a plateau 253 metres above sea level. Today this four-and-a-half hectare park functions exclusively as a green park, a place of recreation. Hills surround it on three sides and below it, in the south, we can find the city of Pécs. The square itself has been established on the site of quarry believed to have been used by the Romans, too. It’s name possibly goes back to the Turkish word “tekia” meaning: monastery. The word refers to the summer palace of Bishop György Szathmáry built at the beginning of the 16th century, which was used as a dervish monastery in Turkish times. The ruins of the summer palace in the southern part of the square are a favourite tourist attraction and also a place of an open-air theatre in the summer.
South of the ruins we can find a unique geological marvel called Tettye Lime Tuff Cave. The water of Tettye Spring leaked through the approximately ten-thousand-year-old loose but thick lime tuff (the water of the spring found in the rock wall next to the Pintér Garden used to turn the wheels of watermills in the 1880s), diluted the lime and formed a cave. The passages were artificially widened in time and with the creation of new passages an underground labyrinth has been formed. These passages were once used as dwelling places, too. At the beginning of the 1900s the cave, named “The Gate of Hell” was a real tourist attraction with a “fearful dragon” inside in one of the passages. This mysterious cave system was opened to the public in March 2008 housing an interactive exhibition where we can learn about the world of caves, the history of the lime tuff passages and other interesting things.
The Tettye Spring located on the southern side of the Park is one of the most well-known and most important karst springs of the Mecsek Mountain, which has a large catchment area. The town developed the first regular water-system in 1892 when a more significant epidemic typhus made the leaders of the town replace the insufficient pipes with cast-iron pipes and use the karst water of the Tettye Spring to provide water supply. The importance of healthy drinking water was indicated by the fact that it was the Emperor Franz Joseph, King of Hungary, who opened the waterworks.
Walking eastwards we can reach the gleaming white lime rock of Havi-hegy dominating Tettye. On the top of the rock stands a Cross made by sculptor Sándor Rétfalvi in 1973. After a short walk we arrive at the Baroque chapel on Havihegy built to commemorate the plague in 1697. As promised by the citizens, the building materials were carried onto the top of the hill by themselves. Today the chapel is also a place of pilgrimage.
Climbing up to Balázs-pihenő (a small resting place) located on the top of an almost vertical rock wall takes about thirty minutes. Walking the path marked by yellow line starting at the northeastern corner of the square we take the left path at the railings. Treading on steps carved into the hillside we climb up to take in the view of the Tettye valley and the panorama of the city. We can reach the top under a short time and the view pays for everything. Walking back towards the direction of Pintér Garden, we can find the Tüke Wine House on the eastern side of the park, a place worthy of presenting the wine variety of Pécs. Visitors may taste 30-50 different wines (and champagnes) made in Pécs. The area surrounding the wine house is a vineyard planted with Zinfandel (Cirfandli), the typical grape of Pécs.
Opposite the square on the northern side of the park we can find the well-established Tettye Restaurant, which has been offering excellent Swabian and Hungarian dishes for almost a quarter of a century.
A Tettyei romok INGYENESEN látogathatók.
|hétfő:||00:00 - 24:00|
|kedd:||00:00 - 24:00|
|szerda:||00:00 - 24:00|
|csütörtök:||00:00 - 24:00|
|péntek:||00:00 - 24:00|
|szombat:||00:00 - 24:00|
|vasárnap:||00:00 - 24:00|