Püspökszentlászló

History

The renewed castle building opens its doors and those values which had been unknown for a long time. The village history dating back to the century of the Turkish occupation, when Paul Esterhazy the Bishop of Pécs had a church and a summer residence built in the deserted town. This building was renovated by Bishop Gyula Zichy at the beginning of the 20th century. Thereafter the building hosted Ursulines nuns during the Second World War. In the history of the critical state socialism, in 1955, Cardinal József Mindszenty who was the most famous martyr of the communist regime was detained in this summer residence.
By 2015, the mansion and the church will be completely renovated within the framework of which there will be pilgrim hostels. It can be visited the embellished, memories and relics-expanding castle itself.

Megközelíthetőség

Autóval a 6-os úton kell végigmenni, majd a Cseresznyés útnál kell lekanyarodni Hosszúhetény felé, ha továbbhaladunk Hosszúheténynél akkor érkezünk meg.

Contact
Name
Püspökszentlászló
Address
7694 Hosszúhetény, Püspökszentlászló
Phone number
+36 30 296 0467
Go to the webshop!