The Bóbita Puppet Theatre was established under the leadership of Lajos Kós in 1961. The company soon became popular with their productions for children and adults, as well as for their productions devised for instrumental rock music, such as that of Pink Floyd and Emerson. In 2011 the Puppet Theatre moved from the city centre to the Zsolnay Quarter, where it found a home worthy of it. The Puppet Museum can also be found here together with several purpose-built children’s playgrounds in the vicinity of the building.
The puppet theatre offers a year-round programme of family-centred entertainment. Its repertoir includes puppet shows based on the classics of children's literature as well as performances designed for adults or outdoor venues.
SEASON TICKETS FOR PUPPET PERFORMANCES FOR THE 2021/2022 SEASON
- Táltos season ticket (for 4 performances of your choice) - 5000 HUF
- Witch season ticket (for 3 performances of your choice) - 3750 Ft
- Fairy season ticket (for 2 performances of your choice) - 2500 Ft
- Ticket price for the performances: 1500 Ft/person
- Tickets for performances for infants: 1200 Ft/person
- For youth performances the ticket price: 2000 Ft/person
(The prices also include the price of the Puppet Museum ticket!)
For more information visit the website of the Zsolnay Cultural Quarter: https://www.zsolnaynegyed.hu/en
How to get there
From the main railway station and from the bus stop of the Fairgrounds, you can reach it by buses 4 and 4Y, then get off at the Zsolnay Quarter stop. Parking is available in the Zsolnay Quarter car park.
|Monday:||09:00 - 16:00|
|Tuesday:||09:00 - 16:00|
|Wednesday:||09:00 - 16:00|
|Thursday:||09:00 - 16:00|
|Friday:||09:00 - 16:00|
|Saturday:||09:00 - 18:00|