South Transdanubian Regional Library and Knowledge Centre’s
Besides the many exciting books, the stairway of the hall is a really special and imposing sight in the Kaptár.
The former prebendary house was built by prebend Sándor Fonyó in Baroque style in the eighteenth century.
Saint Mór College
The building of the student hostel of the University of Pécs decorated with Roman style elements was built in 1930, it was the Saint Mor College (Maurinum) of the university of that time.
Officer’s Casino, Theatre Square (13, Király Street)
In 1806 the son of glove manufacturer Ferenc Ranolder was born in this house, and was named János. Later he was to become a famous Bishop of Veszprém.
Kodály Centre is the result of one of the most important and most spectacular investment of Pécs 2010 European Capital of Culture project.
National Theatre of Pécs, 1, Theatre Square
The artists of Pécs took part in the building of the National Theatre at the end of the nineteenth century.
It was built at the beginning of the 1800s, and became the “White Swan” Hotel.
The Archives, former main branch of the National Savings Bank
Situated next to the Hotel Palatinus, he Archives building is still bordered to the north by a fortress- like wall, which protected the building of the treasury’s Salt House.
An original Bauhaus building. Károly Weichinger utilised his American experience in architecture when designing the Urania Cinema, which was the most modern movie theatre of the country in 1935.
This is a one-floor business house with reception, having an original shop layout on the first floor and a flat on the second floor.
The ruins of the Bishop’s Summer Palace
Bishop György Szatmári had his Renaissance style summer residence built in the centre of his deer-park between 1505 and 1520.
The Pump House of the Tettye Spring
The Mecsek is rich in karst water. The source of the best-known spring of Pécs is 233 meters above sea level.
The counterpart of a building in Zagreb
A Croatian enigma. It is still a mystery why the innkeeper, who wanted to open a public house on this site, had a house built radically different from the originally accepted plans.
The former Chamber of Industry
Designed by Imre Schlauch as the headquarters for the Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
House of Arts and Literature, 7-8 Széchenyi square
In the block at the south-western corner of Széchenyi Square we can find an inner garden, named after the famous architect, József Hild.
Hotel Palatinus, 5, Király street
Imre Hamerli, glove manufacturer, commissioned Andor Pilch to design a hotel on the plot of his own workshop.
August Senoa Croatian Club
A little piece of Croatia.
The two-storey, octagon shaped pavilion with a pointed curb-roof standing next to the wwestern city wall was first mentioned in a historical source in 1818.
Apolló Movie Theatre
A secession style building in use since 1912.
25, Ferencesek street
IA Romantic style house built in the mid 1900s.
22, Ferencesek Street
Built at the beginning of the nineteenthcentury and reconstructed in Romantic style at a later date.
24, Ferencesek street
Built in Baroque style in 1770. Its special feature is that it has two facades perpendicular to the street which are connected by a Baroque arched gateway.
Block of the House of the Elephant, 6, Jókai Square
A place for family tales of Pécs.
City Hall, 1 Széchenyi Square
The dominant building of Széchenyi Square. The neo-Baroque, eclectic style City Hall received its current facade in 1907.
Former Angster Organ Manufacture
Between 1867 and 1949, this building and the one behind housed the Angster Organ Manufacture of József Angster and his son.
The predecessor of the legendary Nádor already was already standing in 1846, awaiting its guests with 30 rooms and a café.
This is a business house from the age of the millennium. In 1895 the Steamshipping Company invited an architect from Vienna to plan and build its headquarters.
A distinctive building in the square’s facade. The Church and Monastry of the Dominican Order used to stand here.
County Hall, 9 Széchenyi Square
Eclecticism on three floors. It stands on two plots in the lower parts of the wwestern side of Széchenyi Square, where the Czyndery and Cséby houses used to be.
District Court of Pécs
Corner building from 1891, early-eclectic style, based on the plans of local architect, Imre Schlauch.
14 Ferencesek Street
One of the streets of Pécs brimming with atmosphere is Ferencesek Street, which begins from Jókai Square and heads in a westerly direction, leading its pedestrian traffic to the Szigeti Gate.